The Vaughn Graf. Built c. 1826 by Conrad Graf of Vienna. 6 and 1/2 octaves, CC-f4. Five pedals: shift, bassoon, moderator, damper, Janissary (drum, bells, cymbal). Graf’s pianos were renowned throughout the Austrian Empire. He built instruments for the most distinguished musicians of the time, including Beethoven and Clara Wieck Schumann. This piano was found in a home near Florence, Italy in 2002. An exceptionally well-preserved instrument, it had been played only slightly and had never warped or suffered serious damage. Restoration to strengthen and preserve the piano was undertaken by Edwin Beunk in Enschede, The Netherlands, and completed in 2015. Restoration was made possible by the generous support of The James M. Vaughn Foundation.